Well it certainly has been an interesting past week. I’ve come to a new benchmark in my life. 
Its one that I thought I still had another 10 years for, but my daughter chose to break our contract. She got married. What contract you might ask. Well, when she was 9 or 10, she promised to never go to a prom and not get married til she was 30. Well, in large fashion she maliciously broke that contract and now I have a son in law. Actually, the boy’s a good kid. They have known each other for years and have been dating for at least the last 5 years, I guess. I was fairly certain by now, he’d have messed up by saying or doing something that would have caused my little girl to kick him to the curb. At the very least I counted on the fact that she’d get bored with him after a few years, or maybe she’d come to her senses and realize that she was daddy’s little girl and no other man was to take my spot. At least for another 11 years…I mean, that was the deal. WE HAD A CONTRACT!
All kidding aside, this kid has got what it takes if he can put up with me all this time and still be willing to hang in there. I guess I got to comfortable thinking most kids would shy away from her if for no other reason than the fact that I have (well, had…) a fairly decent reputation for being the crazy father. My daughter never brought boys home. One, they’d simply not rather come and two, she was afraid I’d have embarrassed her anyway. But my new son in law weathered the storm. I can’t hate on him for that. Besides, I have a pretty darn smart little girl (or woman, I guess I should say. She’s having sex now. *smoldering slightly*). If she’s willing to sign off on the boy, then I think I can trust him too.

It was good being back in Tennessee. I got to see my best bud Cameron, who actually should have been blocking my daughter’s play in my stead, but this one caught him off guard too. See, my daughter got married way earlier this month without telling anyone. She asked me to come back to TN under a totally different ruse. It wasn’t until right before I left did I find out the truth. She had planned a wedding reception that everyone was supposed to come to. They little sneaks were already married. In fact, when she picked me up at the airport, she took me home and sped off with her hubby to North Carolina for a honeymoon in the mountains, supposedly in a cabin. Personally, I don’t think they got 40 miles out before they got a hotel for the weekend. I’ve seen no pics yet of any mountains, a cabin, or nothing. So I can see that this may have come as a surprise to Cameron too, but I could have sworn I asked him to keep her cell phone tapped or something. I should have tried using a paid informant like I usually do, but times have been tough.

It was on my return trip that things really got bad for me. On the 2nd leg of my flight, which was ironically in North Carolina, I felt myself starting to become ill. By the time I got to Las Vegas, I was in sneezing fits that have been the worse of my life. I lost my voice, got totally congested, and had no energy to speak of, no pun intended. So I got back last Tuesday night. By Wednesday night I was out on my feet. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I had no voice beyond an intelligible raspiness. I stayed under four blankets. My strategy was to simply batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. (I know, I used that analogy already…no biggie.)
But I am feeling much better now. I’m still hacking up lung pieces, but its not as bad as before. Now comes the hard part of catching up on all the imagery I’ve captured that has to be edited as well as contacts who have called that I need to get back to. Its going to be an interesting week. Sorry I was gone so long. I’m better now, so I’ll have lots more to post real soon.